The holiday season is a busy time, full of hustle and bustle, and sometimes people forget to maintain their self-care routines. The holiday season can be especially hard on our bodies for many reasons. People may experience increased aches and pains, higher levels of stress, or even injury. Chiropractic care can be especially beneficial during the holiday season. Here are ten reasons why.
- Travel puts a strain on your body: The holidays are a time for visiting family and friends, and travel takes a toll on your body. One study found that sitting for extended periods of time can cause damage to your lumbar discs. Try to maintain good posture when traveling, and seek chiropractic care if you experience pain.
- Carrying all those packages can hurt: During the holidays you physically carry more objects than you do throughout the rest of the year. Shopping trips with heavy bags, boxes of decorations, and lifting large items can cause pain in your neck, back, and shoulders. Your chiropractor can help with pain resulting strain.
- Increased risk of injury: Climbing up a ladder to put those lights on your house? Rushing out the door in the morning when the driveway is covered in ice during a visit up north? The holiday season brings an increased risk of injury, so take extra caution. If you do get injured, see a chiropractor for an assessment.
- Stress and tension: We all get stressed during the holidays. With all the parties, family gatherings, and daily responsibilities to keep up with it's almost impossible to avoid. Most people tend to carry stress and tension in their neck and shoulders. A chiropractor can help address this pain.
- Schedules get in the way of self-care: With so many holiday activities it can be hard to maintain your regular routine. If you've been seeing a chiropractor for pain management or physical rehabilitation it's important to stick to your schedule so that the pain doesn't worsen or regress.
- Cold weather and your joints: If you have arthritis you know that pain can worsen in the cold. Chiropractic care can help ease arthritic pain.
- Increased work hours: If you're picking up extra shifts at work where you're on your feet more than usual, you might start to feel achy and sore. See a chiropractor for help.
- Digestive issues: During the holidays people are more likely to change their eating habits. This can lead to problems with digestion, some of which can be corrected with chiropractic care.
- The winter blues: Decreased sunlight and increased stress can lead to lower mood. You may not associate this with chiropractic care, but ChiroCare of Florida offers acupuncture, which has been shown to release endorphins, the body's "feel good" chemical."
- Take time to relax: You may not associate chiropractors with relaxation, but ChiroCare of Florida offers multiple treatments that aid not only in the reduction of pain but also in relaxation. These include cupping therapy, massage therapy, and even spray tanning.
There are many reasons to get a chiropractic adjustment during the holidays. Contact us today to see how ChiroCare of Florida can best help you.