Broward County was the site of the second highest number of crashes reported in Florida, only surpassed by the number of accidents in Miami-Dade County.
Although accidents can happen anywhere, there are specific places that are just more dangerous than others. You may want to consider being more alert at these intersections in Broward County:
- Sunrise Blvd. and Andrews Ave.
- Pines Blvd. and South Flamingo Rd. – over a five-year period, about 100 pedestrians were fatally injured at this intersection.
- A1A and Las Olas Blvd. – more than 1,000 injury-related accidents were reported in the area last year.
- West Oakland Park Blvd. and NW 50th Ave.
- S. 27 and Griffin Rd. – more than 1,000 property damage related accidents were reported at this intersection.
- Atlantic Blvd. and U.S. 1 – Based on last year’s statistics, more than 6,000 accidents were reported between U.S. 1 and NE 18th, just off Atlantic Blvd.
- NE 26th St. and Federal Hwy.
Along with these intersections, plenty more accidents were reported along the I-95 corridor at all major exits, based on data from Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System.
Even if you’re not a driver, you can’t escape from the dangers in the area. A recent study by Smart Growth America ranked Florida as the most dangerous state to walk in the country. The top ten worst cities included eight Florida cities.
If you have been hurt in an accident in Broward County, call a chiropractor at ChiroCare of Florida to schedule a consultation. Florida law only gives you 14 days to have your accident injuries documented or you could miss out on up to $10,000 in medical personal injury protection insurance benefits.
Call 1-877-DRRIGHT to speak directly with a doctor.