Healthy-looking, glowing, sun-kissed skin is an essential element of your overall wellness. At ChiroCare of Florida, we believe in feeling and looking your best, which is why we offer spray tanning services. With custom spray tanning, you can get an all-natural, no-streaking, non-orange tanned complexion with natural-looking results after just one visit.
Spray Tanning at ChiroCare of Florida
Get controlled, naturally glowing skin color with spray tanning, without exposing your skin to harmful UV rays. Healthy-looking, tanned skin enhances your self-esteem and covers slight imperfections such as stretch marks, cellulite, and scars.
Spray Tanning Benefits
At ChiroCare, our spray tanning services are tailored to give you glowing skin in just one session. Feel more confident in your skin, and sport a healthy glow without harmful sun exposure. Some of the most significant spray tanning benefits include:
- No smell
- No streaking
- No orange shade
- Long-lasting results
- Skin pH balancing ingredients
- Controlled color for a natural look
- Premium skin-nourishing ingredients
Best Times for a Spray Tan
While most people don’t think of spray tanning in South Florida, spray tanning is a safer and more nourishing solution to tanned skin than exposing yourself to harmful sun rays and other tanning methods. Spray tanning gives you controlled color so you can go from glowing to deep, dark, natural-looking shades. Spray tanning is perfect for:
10 Tips for the Best Spray Tanning Experience
No matter if you’re a first-time spray tanning user, or you consider yourself a regular spray tan user, there are some “spray tanning rules” to follow to make sure you have the best spray tanning experience. At ChiroCare our spray tanning technicians will always be available to answer your questions and share some of these tips for the ultimate tanning experience.
- Voice your experience. Let the technician know if this is your first spray tanning experience or if you’ve had other sessions in the past. Knowing your experience with spray tanning will help them customize your visit to your needs.
- Ask all the questions. Do not be afraid of asking questions; our spray tanning technicians will gladly answer them so that you can feel confident and secure.
- Follow pre-tanning instructions. Before your appointment, your spray tanning technician will ask you to follow a set of instructions to make sure your skin is ready for a spray tan.
- Shave before your appointment. Your skin needs to be as soft as possible for the best application. Shave or wax at least 24 hours before your spray tanning appointment.
- Avoid perfumes, creams, makeup, etc. For the spray tanning to adhere best, your skin needs to be clean and fresh. Avoid wearing makeup, fragrances, or moisturizers that can create a barrier on your skin and lead to tanning streaks or blotches.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Make sure you come in with loose-fitting clothes, preferably in dark colors. Fitter clothes can cause streaks and uneven tone. Plus, white or light colored fabric can get stained by the spray tanning lotion immediately after application.
- Consider disposable gowns. If you do not want to have tanning lines after your spray tanning session, you have options. One of them is to strip off your clothes for a full-body spray tan. Another one is to use disposable underwear you can toss after your session.
- Stay very still. Once you’re ready to start your spray tanning session, the technician will ask you to stay still. This is very important. Make sure you do your best to remain still, hold your breath, and keep your eyes shut. Moving around during your spray tanning session can cause streaking and an uneven application.
- Schedule with consideration. Although spray tanning results are immediate, you still want to make sure you don’t schedule your visit the day-of an event, before a waxing appointment, or immediately before a trip. Leave at least two to three days before your event to schedule your spray tanning session for optimal glowing, even skin.
- Remember SPF. Spray tanners do not protect your skin from UV rays and sun exposure. You still need to wear sunscreen every day to make sure your skin stays protected.
Spray Tanning FAQ
No matter if you’re a seasoned spray tan user or this is your first appointment, spray tanning questions are common. These are some of the most frequently asked questions about spray tanning we get at ChiroCare of Florida.
1. How do I prepare for my first spray tanning session?
Before your first spray tanning session, you want to make sure you’ve shaved or waxed arms and legs at least 24 hours before your appointment. Bathe the skin before your appointment, making sure to remove perfumes, creams, or oils. Use makeup-removers and oil-remover wipes to make sure your skin is clean and oil-free before your appointment.
2. What should I wear to my tanning session?
For your tanning session, you should preferably wear loose-fitting, dark clothes to avoid streaking and staining.
3. Do I need to cover my hair? How?
Some individuals prefer to wear disposable shower caps to prevent the spray tanning solution from getting on their hair. Others prefer to tan without covering their hair. Either way, the solution will not penetrate the hair follicles.
4. Can I wear moisturizer before a spray tan? Why not?
Wearing moisturizer creates a barrier on the skin that results in uneven application. Ideally, you want to avoid using any oil-based products before a spray tan session. However, you can use a small amount of lotion on your palms, elbows, knuckles, and kneecaps, since these are usually dry areas of the skin that can catch product.
5. How long should I wait before showering after my tanning session?
Ideally, you want to wait at least 8 hours before showering; this will give the tan enough time to set fully. When you do shower, the soluble excess shower bronzer will wash off. Do not fear, and continue rinsing until the water runs clear. However, avoid using abrasive sponges, brushes, or exfoliating washes in the shower, as these will disrupt the tan.
6. Can I go swimming after my tanning session?
No. After a spray tanning session, you should wait at least 4 hours before swimming or showering. Because pools contain chlorinated water, you run the risk of bleaching the spray tan and causing streaks.
7. Can I exercise after my tanning session?
No. Any physical activity that makes you sweat should wait at least 4 hours after your tanning session. If you can hold-off any physical activity until the next day, that would be best.
8. How long will my spray tan last?
It depends. Spray tans can last anywhere from 7 days to 10 days. It will depend on your tan color, your skin tone, and your skincare routine. Sweating, swimming, or excessively cleansing the skin will reduce the longevity of the tan.
9. How frequent are spray tanning sessions?
It depends on your needs, and how well you maintain your spray tan. Most people schedule spray tanning sessions before big events such as birthday parties, celebrations, vacations, and so on.
10. How long is a spray tanning session?
Spray tanning appointments can take as little as 15 to 20 minutes, or as long as 30 to 45 minutes for custom spray tans.
11. How can I make my tan last longer?
The day after your spray tan appointment, your tan-care begins. Make sure to moisturize your skin every day. After showering, make sure to pat dry your skin instead of rubbing. Use oil-free sunscreens. Avoid hot showers or baths. After exercising, immediately pat your skin dry to avoid fading and streaking. Avoid waxing or shaving immediately after your spray tan. Apply perfumes to clothes, not skin.
12. Could I be allergic to spray tans?
Even though most spray tan ingredients are safe to use; some individuals might have an allergic reaction to specific components. If you have sensitive skin, consider starting your appointment with a test patch to see if your skin reacts to it.
13. Will a spray tan work on very fair skin?
Yes. Spray tan solutions are specifically designed to work on every skin tone. Spray tanning was initially developed for individuals who can’t or don’t tan well conventionally.
14. Does spray tanning protect against UV Rays?
No. While spray tans are a safer way to get a tan without exposing your skin to harsh UV rays, they do not have SPF or any form of UV protection. You will still need to apply an oil-free sunscreen lotion every day.
15. Can I use spray tans during pregnancy or nursing?
While the active ingredients in spray tans do not penetrate the bloodstream, we recommend you get permission from your physician first.
16. What’s the difference between spray tans, self-tanners, and bed tanning?
Sunless tanning can be done in various ways. Spray tans use a tanning solution that’s applied using either a handheld airbrush or through a tanning booth equipped with tanning airbrushes. Self-tanners, on the other hand, are usually gradual tanning or instant tanning lotions that you can apply using a mitt or your hands at home. Bed tanning uses ultraviolet radiation to produce a tan; they are also known as sunbeds or solariums.
17. How can I remove my spray tan?
Spray tans can be removed by exfoliating the skin on a regular basis. The exfoliating agents will scrub away the tan color and fade away the tan. Today, there are also tan-removing solutions you can use to strip away your tan color.
Where to Start
If you’re ready to have natural-looking, glowing, sun-kissed skin, contact us today to speak with a spray tanning technician and schedule your spray tanning appointment at ChiroCare of Florida.