We live in an era where you no longer need to clip coupons to find a plethora of discounts - from applications like Groupon, to sites like RetailMeNot - it seems like everywhere you turn, somebody is offering you a way to save money.
You may be thinking "Hey, that's great!" Well, that may hold true for many things, such as at the grocery store, on protein powder, or trips to the nail salon. But, where should that not apply?
Searching for Discounts in Healthcare
When analyzing the receipts of what you pay for daily, weekly, or monthly, it's always very clear what stands out as a more expensive purchase or service. It's also clear what you may be spending too much on a week. Therefore, you may find yourself on the hunt for coupons and sales.
Unfortunately, this trend of searching for discounts everywhere is beginning to creep into the healthcare industry. This is where things begin to get tricky - as much as we would love to encourage you to save money, you simply cannot skimp on things like healthcare. In the long-run, you could end up with an even greater amount of pain or discomfort that requires an excess amount of money.
Why Discounts on Your Health Could Be a Real Pain
Consider the individuals who find a Groupon for a couples' massage: a buy-one, get-one deal. They hop on that opportunity instantly, and rush to get their discounted massages. All may be well and good at first, but when you wake the next morning feeling tight with aches in your neck, you'll be questioning why. Didn't you just get a massage?
Yes, you did just get a massage. However, you placed your trust in a company that may have employees who are not trained to properly massage a spine that is compacted, or has a herniated disc. The soft-tissue manipulation your masseuse performed may as well have made the condition worse.
Additionally, many massage parlors have no credible experience or certifications. You should always check for these things before putting your health in their hands. If you're suffering tension or pain in your back and neck, visit a qualified chiropractor or massage therapist that can accurately treat your specific pains - not just give you the standard package.
Dos and Don'ts of Discounts
We want you to be saving money just as much as you do, which is why there are occasions where utilizing discounts and coupons can be beneficial. Consider these:
- Don't: Visit an unqualified discount masseuse for whiplash pain.
- Do: Utilize discounts to purchase new tires to minimize the risk of old or faulty tires causing an auto accident.
- Don't: Buy into "miracle" ointments that guarantee to take away pain.
- Do: Visit your chiropractor for an accurate diagnosis. Utilize their recommendations to purchase over the counter medications and creams, which you can often stack coupons for in the drugstore.
- Don't: Purchase pills that claim to decrease body fat and develop lean muscle for a "low price."
- Do: Take advantage of discounts for exercise or aerobics courses that can improve overall health. Pumping your body with unnecessary pills and supplements can result in adverse reactions, and typically do not achieve results.
Despite the temptation, steer clear of discounting your health. You've only got one body, and it's worth full price. Contact ChiroCare of Florida today if you want to get a head-start on treating it the best way possible.