When seeking care, chiropractic insurance questions are often top of mind for our patients. Finding chiropractors that take insurance can be a challenge, but here at ChiroCare of Florida we’re happy to announce that we do accept most major plans and carriers.
To learn more about specific insurance questions, please call a ChiroCare of Florida office near you or dial (877) 388-2165 today.
Additionally, chiropractic insurance coverage includes many special plans and extenuating circumstances, such as worker’s compensation and Medicare. There are often specific stipulations regarding chiropractic insurance, care, and visits, and it’s essential that you discuss these parameters with our office and your insurance carrier before receiving treatment so that you will be aware of your financial responsibility toward the total cost of treatment beforehand.
When you contact ChiroCare of Florida, we’re happy to submit inquiries to your insurance company and review your specific benefits plan prior to your visit, so that you don’t have to. We seek to make the chiropractic experience as simple, convenient, and hassle-free as possible for each of our patients.
Do Chiropractors Take Insurance?
Years ago, many insurance carriers and plans did not cover chiropractic care and services. The lack of coverage left many patients struggling in pain resulting from car accidents, back injuries, chronic migraines, sports injuries, and everyday aches and pain. Today, virtually every insurance company (including Medicare and Medicaid) does cover chiropractic services.
In-Network, Private Insurance Plans Accepted at ChiroCare of Florida*:
- AVMed of Florida
- Florida Blue
- Humana PPO
- Oscar Health Insurance
- Priority Health
- United Healthcare (Except NHP Plan, Medica Passport & Freedom Network)
- All Auto Insurances
- All Workers Comp. Insurances
*This list does not warrant that a plan will be accepted. All insurance benefits and plans MUST be verified before a patient receives chiropractic treatment from any of our offices or providers.
In recent years there has been a major push by legislative bodies, including Congress, to expand chiropractic coverage. The Bill H.R. 2654 (The Chiropractic Medicare Coverage Modernization Act) concerns Medicare plans and specifically expands the legal definition of “physician” to include chiropractic practitioners. This new Bill includes patient access to all Medicare-covered benefits allowable under a chiropractor’s state licensure.
However, your insurance plan may place limitations on chiropractic care, and it’s important to be aware of and understand these limits before beginning your course of treatment.
Insurance specifications regarding chiropractic treatment may include:
- Mandatory referral from a medical specialist or primary care physician (PCP) stating that chiropractic care is medically necessary.
- A limit on how many chiropractic office visits you can have in either a given month or coverage year.
- A list of specific chiropractic providers or offices you may visit: You may have to see only in-network or carrier-approved chiropractors.
- A need for your chiropractor to create an official active care plan regarding your treatment, and then follow their own written recommendations to receive payment.
- Some insurance plans may require that you meet your annual deductible before they begin to cover and pay for treatment visits.
- And more.
The Benefits of Using Insurance for Chiropractic Treatment
If you’re looking for information regarding chiropractic insurance, benefits are usually one of the first things people want to know when inquiring about their coverage options. Understandably, you’ll want to know what you’ll pay for chiropractic care and if there are any benefits to using your health insurance to do so.
While it is possible to pay for chiropractic treatment out of pocket without insurance, there are many benefits to going through your healthcare plan.
Benefits of using your health insurance for chiropractic care include:
- Payment of 50% – 100% of chiropractic bills. Depending on your specific healthcare plan and insurance benefits, your carrier may pay anywhere from 50% to 100% of the associated costs of treatment. You may have a specialist copay, or you may not, depending on your plan. This is significant because chiropractic care without insurance can get quite expensive. To maximize your savings, check with your carrier to ensure you see an in-network provider that they will cover.
- Payments count toward your insurance plan’s deductible and out-of-pocket max. All insurance plans have cost caps toward a deductible and an out-of-pocket max for the coverage year. The good news is that when chiropractic insurance payments apply, these costs count toward these two things. This can help lower your payments and final financial responsibilities toward all of your other healthcare-related visits in a given year.
- Health care insurance deductibles: A plan deductible is the amount you must pay by yourself for covered health care services before your insurance plan starts to pay. For example, if your insurance plan deductible is $1,000, then you must pay for the first $1,000 of covered services before your carrier begins payment. After that $1,000 is met for the specified coverage year, then you will typically only have to pay copays or coinsurance amounts thereafter.
- Health care insurance out-of-pocket max: An insurance out-of-pocket max (OOP max) is the most you will have to pay for covered services in a plan year using your own money. This amount is the sum of all services you receive, regardless of provider. Deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance for in-network care and services count toward the OOP. After you meet your OOP, your insurance carrier typically pays 100% of the costs of covered benefits thereafter. The only health insurance expense that carriers do not count toward this amount is your monthly premium for the plan.
- Receive ancillary services under your insurance coverage all at one location. ChiroCare of Florida offers many ancillary services in addition to traditional chiropractic adjustments. When you use your insurance coverage toward office visits, you can often receive extra services at no additional cost to you. Instead of paying multiple providers and offices individual copayments or full-costs, group all services together and pay one fee. Ancillary services available at ChiroCare of Florida include:
- Cupping Therapy
- Electrical Stimulation (E-Stim)
- The Graston Technique
- Laser Treatment
- Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Medical Marijuana Registration
- Spray Tanning
- Ultrasound Therapy
- And More
- Know your financial responsibility every time, for every visit and treatment. When you use your health insurance benefits to pay for chiropractic treatments, you’ll know exactly what you’ll owe our offices every single time before you visit. That’s because your insurance copays remain the same throughout the entire year. You will never have to worry about a change in price of services because your insurance takes care of any difference. This makes financial planning for healthcare costs easier and more predictable. You’ll always know that treatment is in your budget.
Additional Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Many individuals delay seeking treatment for pain, injuries, and chronic health conditions for fear of cost. When you receive chiropractic care, our doctors are able to effectively treat many different ailments and concerns.
Chiropractic care can effectively address pain and discomfort associated with the following conditions:
- Prenatal and postnatal back pain and symptoms
- Sports injuries
- Car accident injuries
- Cancer pain
- Pain resulting from arthritis and other inflammation-related conditions
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Migraines and chronic headaches
- Slipped and herniated discs
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS)
- Post-Laminectomy Syndrome
- Sacroiliac joint disfunction
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal fractures and compressions
- Spinal stenosis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)
- Depression and mood disorders
- Everyday aches and pains
- Poor posture
- Dislocated joints
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament tears and strains
- Limited range of motion and stiffness
- And so much more
When to Seek Chiropractic Treatment
If you suffer from any type of muscular-skeletal pain or discomfort, chronic health conditions, or injuries new or old, seek chiropractic treatment today. There’s no reason to live in pain any longer, and our doctors are here to help you begin to live a pain-free life.
While many specialists and medical doctors may have long waitlists before they’re able to see you, this is almost never the case with our offices. Many times it’s even possible to schedule an appointment or consultation for the very next day pending availability.
Give us a call today at (877) 388-2165 to review your insurance benefits and schedule an appointment. There’s no reason to wait when chiropractic help is just a phone call away.
ChiroCare of Florida Office Locations, Hours of Operation, and More
For your convenience, ChiroCare of Florida has ten offices throughout South Florida. With offices as far south as Plantation and Aventura, and ranging as far North as Lake Worth and North Palm Beach, we’re proud to serve the tri-county area.
Additionally, we know that seeking chiropractic care has to work for you. That’s why many of our locations offer extended evening hours and have weekend appointments available. We believe that getting treatment should never pose an inconvenience, and it should always be as easy as possible to make an appointment.
Our doctors have over 100 years of combined experience, and we provide treatment for individuals of all ages. From pediatric chiropractic to senior citizens, and every age in-between, we’re here to help all residents of South Florida with their unique chiropractic needs.
When searching for chiropractors that take insurance near you, make ChiroCare of Florida your first call. We have a wide range of treatment options available and will develop an individualized treatment plan based on your needs.
Medical Expert Testimony
We are also able to serve as medical experts in a court of law regarding issues pertaining to the muscular-skeletal system should you require assistance. Whether you’re appearing in court regarding a car accident, a liability case, or are seeking compensation for a personal injury claim, if you’re a patient at ChiroCare of Florida and we believe that your injuries result from an accident, we are able to appear in court and testify to the extent of your injuries.
This is crucial for many individuals who file claims. We can testify to the seriousness of your injury, your official diagnosis, treatment, and projected future treatment and prognosis, and can provide documentation regarding your care and costs. Each of these elements can be imperative when pursuing a case or lawsuit, and we seek to help each of our patients with the testimony they need.
Schedule an Appointment at ChiroCare of Florida Today
Do chiropractors at ChiroCare of Florida take insurance? The answer is that yes, we do accept most major plans and carriers. If you’re currently living in pain or wish to improve your mood, energy levels, and quality of life, give us a call today.
We’ll ask for some basic information, such as your medical history and insurance information before you even arrive. We will verify your benefits with your insurance company to ensure that you can receive coverage. Then, we will notify you beforehand of your associated costs and financial responsibility toward your treatment. This way you’ll never be surprised upon arrival.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment at one of our ten offices throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach County. Start your journey toward pain-free living now.
Call (877) 388-2165 Monday through Friday from 9am through 6pm to speak with a ChiroCare of Florida representative.