Routine Health Maintenance and Wellness Programs
Your body operates like a well-oiled machine. From your joints to your nerves, vertebrae to your spine, muscles and more, your body is comprised of many crucial elements. All components must work together in harmony for optimal function.
That’s why chiropractic care is so important – chiropractic care addresses pain, discomfort, issues sleeping, and overall wellness to the smallest detail. When your body is aligned, so is your lifestyle.
A Necessary Step to Take
Many overlook the importance of routine health maintenance. Yet, your health is just as important as your home, your vehicle, and your job. Most will take their car into the shop for maintenance, but will neglect to give their body some much needed TLC. You’ll live in your body for the rest of your life, it is vital to keep it balanced. That’s why you should invest in a wellness program.
At ChiroCare of Florida, we highly encourage wellness programs for a variety of reasons, but the most prevalent are the benefits that accompany taking care of your spinal health.
Significance of Routine Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic treatment most typically deals with issues of the musculoskeletal system. This is the network of bones, cartilage, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other connective tissues in the body. The musculoskeletal system is directly linked to the nervous system, which also effects the immune system.
A major element of the musculoskeletal system is the spine. Consisting of 33 vertebrae, shock-absorbent discs, facet joints, muscles, ligaments, and a web of nerves. When a component of the spine is out of place or damaged the effects can be felt throughout the entire body.
Chiropractic care operates under the theory that when the spine is properly aligned and healthy, the body will be healthy as well. Using a combination of effective chiropractic adjustments as well as advanced therapies, such as Electric Stimulation, Cryotherapy, Ultrasound Therapy, and more, your chiropractor keeps you on the fast track to wellness.
Health Maintenance Treatments Offered at ChiroCare of Florida
Aside from chiropractic adjustments, ChiroCare of Florida is also home to a plethora of new and unique treatments aimed at making you feel your best. Therapies included in health maintenance include:
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy increases the mobility of existing scar tissue, relieves tension in the body, and alleviates pain. Over time, massage therapy can transform tissue that has been damaged or stiffened after injury.
- Physical Therapy: Whether you’re looking to increase flexibility or improve posture, physical therapy is an invaluable tool in health maintenance. Learning to exercise your muscles properly can make all the difference in your daily abilities.
- Cryotherapy: If you can brave the cold, then you can benefit! The benefits of cryotherapy include pain and relief and muscle healing, reduced inflammation, improving anxiety and depression, and treating migraines. Plus, cryotherapy can aid in weight loss. This highly effective treatment is incredibly valuable to maintaining overall wellness.
- Acupuncture: One of the oldest treatments offered at ChiroCare of Florida, acupuncture has a plethora of perks, including reducing chronic pain, treating symptoms of arthritis, relieving migraines and nausea, minimizing the effect of heartburn or indigestion, and reducing insomnia.
- Electric Stimulation: Electric Stimulation, also known as E-Stim, does wonders to relieve pain and inflammation. E-Stim is an alternative to soothing muscles that does not require pain medication or any invasive techniques.
- Ultrasound Therapy: Have you been taking warm baths or hot showers to soothe your pains? Try ultrasound therapy. The warming, soothing affect relieves inflammation and encourages the healing of tissue deep beneath the surface of the skin.
Benefits of Routine Health Maintenance
For the above reasons, chiropractors believe the key to maintaining overall wellness is to begin with spinal health. For further evidence, let’s review the detailed benefits of a wellness program:
Improved Nerve Communication in the Body
Ailments such as a slipped disc, in which the shock-absorbent disc located between spinal vertebrae has moved out of its respective place, can place an excruciating amount of pressure on the spinal nerves. Likewise, if two or more vertebrae aren’t functioning properly they can restrict nerve flow in certain areas of the spine.
When nerve flow is restricted or aggravated, the whole body can feel the effects. Routine chiropractic care allows nerve flow to return to its normal state, alleviating pain symptoms as well as sensory symptoms such as tingling or numbness in the extremities.
Improved Joint Motion and Coordination
Often the reason for issues within the vertebrae are due to joint dysfunctions. Issues within the joints can cause discomfort, pain, and even decreased mobility.
This is especially true for individuals suffering from arthritis. While chiropractic care cannot reverse the effects of the bone disease, routine health maintenance helps to alleviate pain symptoms, increases range of motion, and can even lessen the need for prescription medications.
Relief from Back and Neck Pain
The spinal column runs from the base of the skull, down to the tailbone. When issues occur within the spine, pain can often radiate throughout the back and to the neck. Routine care tackles these problems at the source, and lessens the effects overtime.
Likewise, injuries sustained to the back and neck are often subject to becoming chronic pain when left untreated. Injuries like whiplash or torn ligaments can deeply worsen when not cared for by a professional. Routine health maintenance helps to ensure that injuries do not remain permanent.
Boost to Physical Function and Performance
Have you been feeling sluggish lately? Are you dragging through your days and are unable to sleep at night? Something has got to give. Chances are that your body is not being taken care of properly.
One of the easiest and most effective methods to getting back on the path to health and wellness is by enlisting the help of a qualified chiropractor. Chiropractic care relieves stress and tension held in the back to allow you to rest at night. Improved joint coordination will have you moving like yourself again. Plus, your chiropractor can offer dietary and fitness advice to get you back on track.
Similar to how developing improper posture takes time, so does improving posture. Unless you were born with a postural condition such as hunchback, most likely the way you’ve walked, sat, and laid over the years has thrown your posture out of whack. This can result in discomfort, pain, and a lessened range of motion.
Fortunately, routine health maintenance can train your body to carry proper posture. Over time, your body will feel more limber, and you’ll most likely be feeling more confident.
Relief from Chronic Conditions
Do you suffer from vertigo? What about tendinitis, or fibromyalgia? Good news – routine chiropractic care can help. A regular wellness plan can benefit conditions such as:
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Could You Be Saving on Medical Bills?
Many people shy away from routine health maintenance because they don’t want to spend their time or money. However, what if we were to tell you that you could be saving money each year on medical bills by receiving routine health maintenance? Here’s how:
- Immune System Health: By improving your nervous system, you’re able to support a healthier – and stronger – immune system. This increases your ability to fight off pathogens and stay healthy longer – meaning that you can easily defend yourself from the bugs and viruses being passed around you. Improving your immune system means spending less money on antibiotics or cold medicine – plus tissues, cough drops, and other sickness essentials. Maintaining your health puts money spent on those items back in your pocket.
- Respiratory System Health: Your respiratory system is home to your lungs. Routine health maintenance keeps your respiratory system strong, allowing you to breathe easier. Save yourself trips to the doctor for difficulty breathing, asthma, or respiratory infections, and save a bunch of money in the process.
- Fight Allergies: Allergy symptoms stem from two places – the immune system and the respiratory system. When you improve the function of these two systems, you can effectively lessen allergy symptoms. This means less tissues, nasal spray, eye drops – all of the goods you pick up come allergy season. Say hello to savings.
Benefits of Preventive Care
In addition to keeping your body healthy, routine maintenance is key to preventive care. Preventive care addresses issues in the vertebrae, joints, tissues, and more, that can easily sustain injuries when used improperly or over-worked.
Routine health maintenance keeps these body parts operating at their full-potential, resulting in a more effective injury and risk-prevention.
Drug-Free, Natural Approach
Many patients neglect maintaining their bodily health because they’re afraid of being prescribed harmful medications or invasive procedures. Chiropractic is a drug-free, holistic approach to health, that heals your body from the inside out.
Routine health maintenance does not mean an uptake in medication. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. The goal of routinely maintaining health and wellness is to negate the need for medications or surgeries.
Start Your Journey at ChiroCare of Florida
With eleven convenient locations around South Florida, ChiroCare of Florida is eager to help you feel your best. The first step to taking control of your wellness is by committing to routine health maintenance. Contact us today to schedule your appointment, and we’ll do the rest.